25 Jul 5 Top Tips to Get the Most Out of Your Training
5 Top Tips to Get the Most Out of Your Training
Training is a great way to boost your skills, enhance your CV and gain confidence in your career. And for those of you working in the third sector training is a great way to get more experience and work your way up the ranks.
There are many different types of training out there, from mentor training to management & leadership courses, online mentoring and classroom based learning.
At IME we offer an accredited mentor training programme which is a great way to boost your skills, whether mentor or mentee. As a mentor you get the chance to pass your skills and experience on to a young person looking for work. You gain experience managing people, and a fantastic sense of achievement. What’s more you will be enrolled onto our Management & Leadership accredited course, invaluable third sector training whatever your role in the organisation.
As a mentee, you will learn throughout your mentor training about the best ways to break into your chosen field, how to write a CV and succeed at interview.
Here are our top 5 tips for getting the most out of your mentor training:
- Schedule in regular meetings at a mutually convenient time, and keep to them. Meetings can be over Skype if that is easier for you.
- Make a list of all the questions you have for your mentor so that you don’t forget anything.
- Take notes so that you can read back through important points
- Mentors should be patient, remember what it was like when you were first starting out!
- Listen to all the questions your mentor has and if you can’t answer them straight away, you can always follow-up via email.
Find out more about third sector training courses and mentor training with IME here.