Level: This webinar is best suited to meeting organisers, team leaders, supervisors or managers who oversee a team of people. However, all are welcome to listen/attend.
Presenter: Leyla Okhai
In this webinar, we will look at the difference between diversity and inclusion and what that means in the workplace. These are terms that are often used, but not always fully integrated into the workplace. What does a truly diverse and inclusive workplace in the UK look like today? By thinking big and placing ourselves in others’ shoes, we can really start to understand the bigger picture and so remove barriers. What key points as a manager and leader will you take away and implement? Delegates will have an opportunity to reflect on what best practice might look like in their workplace in relation to the nine strands of diversity for a truly inclusive workplace. There will also be a chance to think about practical actions for a truly inclusive workplace.
By the end of this webinar, you will:
– Understand the difference between diversity and inclusion
– Understand why diversity is important and why inclusion adds value
– Know how to make the most of diversity and create an inclusive environment for all to thrive in at work
– Have some practical examples of inclusive workplace culture
– Know how to create inclusive meeting spaces to increase productivity
– Check your meeting questions and ensure equal attention is given to all delegates
– Reflect on inclusive language used during meetings