02 Jun Finding the best certified online courses
Finding the best certified courses online
Technological advances and a wealth of new internet based programmes have seen a significant rise in online training courses over the past few years. Whether they be one off programmes or longer term courses, many training providers are branching out in order to provide learners from all over the world with opportunities to take part. But how do you know if these courses are any good? If you are looking for a training which will significantly boost your career prospects, it’s really important to find accredited training courses which are recognised in your country.
Why are accredited training courses so important?
- Accreditation is like a gold star against the course. It means that the programme has been independently assessed and meets certain high standards laid out by the governing body, so you are guaranteed the best possible learning experience.
- Employers are far more likely to look favourably on certified online courses which are delivered through a reputable provider. And if you are looking for your employer to fund the course, they are much more likely to stump up the cash for a course which they know will deliver results.
- Certified online courses are normally taught by the very best lecturers, so you are far more likely to actually enjoy the experience and to benefit from their years of knowledge.
How to find accredited training courses
- If the learning provider is worth their salt, they will provide details on their website of who their courses are accredited by, so that you can easily check them out yourself if need be.
- Google searches should easily yield results for accredited online courses in your chosen field, such as our Management and Leadership course, or our Mini MBA in Peak Performance and Productivity, both of which are perfect for employees looking to enhance their skills and boost their employment prospects.
- Look for national, or even international, accreditation bodies which are well known and respected in your chosen field. Here at IME our certified online courses are accredited by OCN Credit for Learning, part of the Open College Network. We chose this body to regulate our courses because they are recognised by educational institutions and businesses around the world, ensuring that wherever you go next, your accredited online courses with IME will continue to make a difference.
You can look for providers who provide certified online courses within their country of origin. However at IME we have chosen a global accreditation for all of our courses, which we think really reflects the truly global nature of the business world today. Many of our learners sign up from all over the world, and so it is important that our courses are recognised in every country. And who knows, you may find yourself working abroad in the not so distant future, so you want to be able to take your qualifications with you!
You can find out more about our full range of certified online courses on the Inspire, Motivate & Engage website, where you can find out exactly what’s involved in an online course, and learn more about the many benefits to both you, and your employer.