05 Jun How to stay motivated when doing online courses
How to stay motivated when doing online courses
For an increasing number of people, the opportunity to study online provides the ideal solution, saving time and money. You get to learn at your own pace, with no pressures from other class members and no need to trek for miles in rush-hour traffic to get to a training centre. You can even do the course in your pyjamas if you choose! But there is an important factor to consider when you are doing online courses, one that could be the undoing of you if it is not faced head-on. And that is the issue of motivation.
When you choose you study online, how do you stay motivated to complete all the modules on time?
When you don’t have a teacher looming over you, or other classmates to support and advise you, how do you keep that momentum going to ensure you get the best out of all your online courses?
Here are our top tips to help you stay motivated when you study online.
Study online motivational tips
- Make a list of each of your tasks for the day, and tick them off as you complete them. That way you get a sense of achievement as you work through your online courses. You could even give yourself a treat after completing set tasks – a walk in the park, a coffee break, or even a piece of chocolate cake!
- Make the most of your online learning portal. Here at IME all of our students have access to an exclusive online learning portal which has all the information you need to successfully study online. Take some time to look around and see what resources are available to you. This will ultimately make completing your online courses more fun and rewarding.
- Talk to your peers. This tip may seem a bit more difficult if you are doing online courses, but actually it shouldn’t be. Each course at Inspire, Motivate & Engage has a dedicated forum where you can meet fellow students, ask questions and swap ideas. A fantastic way to stay motivated and on top of your work.
- Make the most of webinars. As well as our series of free webinars, our students have access to exclusive webinars for each of their online courses. This is a great way to engage with your tutor whilst you study online, and we have found that students who make the most of this great resource are far more likely to complete their online courses and get good marks at the end.
- Keep you work in dedicated folders, whether they be online, or on your shelf. Make sure you work is organised and easy to refer back to, that way you are much less likely to get bogged down when you study online.
Remember, completing your online course is just as important as if you were going to a training centre. If you decide to study online, there are lots of options available to you which will keep you motivated and give your career a boost at the same time. At IME we offer a range of online courses including a Mini MBA in Peak Performance and Productivity, a great way to boost your motivation in your work-life too!