22 Sep Why Every Employee should Become a Mentor
Why Every Employee should Become a Mentor
It’s so easy to get stuck in a rut when you do the same job day in day out, and it’s easy to think of a job as just a job. But actually, whether administrator or manager, accountant or marketer, we all have specific skills which are invaluable to the organisation we work for. And there is no reason these skills need to stop once we leave the office. There are many young people out there in desperate need of a job, but unsure where to start to increase their skills and bag that all important role. And this is where your skills and experience can really come into their own. This is why you should become a mentor and pass on everything you wish you had known when you were first starting out.
Here are our top 5 benefits for staff who decide to become a mentor:
- You get that warm fuzzy feeling from knowing you are giving something back and helping someone in need.
- You will really be able to fine-tune your own skill set – great for updating your CV.
- You gain invaluable experience working with people – especially beneficial if you want to move into a managerial role sometime soon.
- If you choose a mentor scheme such as the one run here at IME, you get access to our nationally accredited training.
- You get an amazing experience which will stand you in good stead for the future.
If you are small business looking to outsource training for your staff, have a look at our Coaching Surgeries the perfect solution for small businesses who want to give their staff the best opportunities out there through nationally accredited training.